Have you left the home only to realize that you are covered in your pet’s fur? Are you nervous to allow your guests to sit on the couch for fear that they will get coated in dog hair? Do you see little clumps of fur in every corner of the house? While shedding is natural, normal and healthy, it can be incredibly frustrating. Managing shedding and reducing dog hair throughout your home (and on your clothes) can feel like a never ending battle. Fortunately, it does not have to be thanks to a myriad of modern inventions that are prepared for the task. Below we list 5 products that will help you manage your pet’s shedding and reduce pet hair in your home for good!
- Brush and Use the Deshedder
- Most pet owners know that brushing their dog consistently is important for a variety of reasons. It can help remove excess hair, redistribute the oils on your dog’s scalp for a soft coat, make your dog look nice and is even a great bonding experience between you and your dog. Beyond basic brushing there is a tool called a “deshedder” that is capable of removing some of the dog’s undercoat so that it reduces shedding. A deshedder should not be used as a last resort because it will not work well on hair that is matted and tangled, still connected to your dog. It works well with loose the loose undercoat that is already being shed to grab and remove.
- Pick Up Mitt
- A great tool when you want to quickly and efficiently run around to your furniture and remove dog hair is a pick up mitt, such as the Evercare Pet Hair Pic-Up Mitt. This handy mitt slides ride onto your hand and you can sweep your hand along furniture, clothing and more and it will easily attract and grab pet hair, even if you do not easily see the hair!
- Fabric Sweepers
- The Scotch Fur Fighter Hair Remover is a handheld tool that is ideal for fabric upholstered furniture. It works similarly to the mitt but is a handheld option with attachable/refillable sheets that remove pet hair and dander.
- Animal Vacuum
- There are many vacuums on the market designed specifically for animal hair but what seems to be the most popular is the Dyson Animal Upright Vacuum. Animal vacuums have powerful suction and specialized tools designed specifically to be more effective for pet hair removal.