The Instant Pot – an easy and safe to use pressure cooker, has become the hottest new kitchen gadget. It was the prized holiday gift of 2017 and it continues to be a favorite among home cooks in 2018. And, while you can certainly use your Instant Pot to whip up delicious meals for you and your family in no time, you can also use it to make homemade dog food! First, let the New York Times explain why the Instant Pot is so popular and why you should be using it to make your whole family dinner- including your dog, ”But the Instant Pot — a device that combines an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker and yogurt maker in one handy unit — sends even mild-mannered cooks into fits of passion…What makes this newest generation of electric pressure cookers different is that it is designed with a slew of self-regulating safety features, including sensors to monitor the unit’s temperature and amount of pressure. All you do is plug it in and tap a button, and it does everything else. It’s as user-friendly as a slow cooker — except that it gets dinner on the table a day or so faster.” Buying dog food, particularly high-quality, nutritious dog food can be expensive and nobody wants to spend their precious time making dog food but with the Instant Pot you can save yourself time and money while providing easy, nutritious meals for your dog. Below are 3 great Instant Pot Dog Food Recipes.
3 Great Instant Pot Dog Food Recipes
- Chicken, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Rice and Veggies Dog Food
- This Instant Pot dog food recipe from Tales from the Back Road is sure to make Fido’s mouth water. And, it makes a big batch that you can easily store in the refrigerator! This recipe is also packed with calcium for your dog thanks to a special and unique ingredient – egg shells!
- Meat, Veggie and Fruit Dog Food
- This fun recipe from Traditional Cooking School takes all of the food groups into account. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, healthy carbohydrates, and more to keep your dog well-fed and happy. This recipe can be made with any meat of your choosing and for some extra iron, flavor, and all-around-nutrition, the recipe suggests adding in some beef or chicken livers.
- Meat, Lentils & Kale Dog Food
- This delicious meal straight from Instant Pot will probably entice your whole family but is actually dog food too! This recipe with lentils, rice, turmeric, meat, and liver will be jam packed with flavor and can be easily made in a large batch, frozen, and defrosted as needed!